Hey friends! Yes, I am alive! I’ve been busy finishing up my semester and finalizing wedding stuff!! I am officially on summer break until July 6th! Yay, a much needed break for sure!! And only 17 more days until my wedding!! I am so excited! I’m going to be so busy until then too! I am heading to the lake this weekend and then I get back for a few days and then we head to Florida for the wedding week! It’s coming so fast! Can’t wait!!
In other news, I did my first “pre tri training” bike ride today! I rode 11 miles in 50 minutes with an average pace of 13.2 mph. Not too shabby for my first time on a bike in over a year! I will be riding my dad’s road bike from the 1980’s! Haha, it’s really in wonderful condition and it’s free so I will take what I can get! It will be perfect for my first triathlon. I’ve officially decided to do the Annie Oakley Women’s Tri on July 31st, now I just need to sign up! I went and bought some goggles today so I can start swimming! My plan is to officially start my training when I get back from my honeymoon. That will give me 5-6 weeks to train and I think that’s plenty for a sprint tri seeing as I’m in fairly good condition now! I am planning to do some training while I’m in Florida but am not scheduling anything for our honeymoon. I will bring gear in case I feel like going for a run but I’m giving myself that week off if I want it. It’s my honeymoon after all :) But once I get back, training will be on!!
So, I have a few questions for those of you who run, bike, swim, or all 3 :)
1. What’s the best race day outfit to wear so I only have to do minimal wardrobe changes?
2. Biking gloves… Can I use my weight lifting gloves or should I buy actually biking gloves? I already have a blister on my hand from my ride today!
3. Training plans… Any specific ones you really like or that have worked well?
4. What’s important to have in your transition areas?
5. What’s the best way to do your hair? Keep in mind I have really long hair and it will probably be super knotted after the swim even with a cap on. So any headbands you recommend? Obviously it will be in a ponytail, I’m most concerned with the best way to keep it off my face.
I think that’s it! Please help, I feel kinda clueless :)
Well, that’s really all I have for now! Time to relax and watch some TV! Hope you have a fabulous day!!
Oh and PS: The wedding diet is working! I’ve lost 4 pounds in a month, which is right on track with what I wanted! It’s really hard to consume less calories but still enough to fuel me for training! I will be so happy when this wedding diet is over :)