About Me!!!

 

004

 

I am a southern girl who loves the south and everything in it!! I am first, and foremost, a child of God and spend each and every day living my life for him!! My passion is running! I began running the summer of 2005, with encouragement from my cousin who ran cross country in high school. I competed in various 5ks, 10ks, and a half marathon. I burnt myself out on running after my first half marathon and only ran sporadically the next few years.

 

Flash forward to fall 2008... I rediscovered my love for running and even found a friend to run with! Then, I managed to tear a bunch of ligaments in my left ankle playing soccer last December which left me in a boot and then a cast. It ended up being a total of 4 months with no running or walking. By then, I was bound and determined to start running as soon as I could, and slowly but surely I started building my mileage up. I ran all through the hot, humid summer and competed in a 5k in October and completely surprised myself with my speediness!! I did a few other 5ks, a 4 miler, and a half marathon Dec. 5th, 2009! I am planning on keeping up my mileage base this winter and then running 2 half marathons in the Spring! I have definitely fallen back in love with running and plan to continue running the rest of my life!!

 

I am also getting married this summer, June 11th, 2010, to my best friend and the love of my life!! We met in High School when I was 17 and have been together ever since!! He finally proposed July 13th, 2009 and of course I said yes! We are having a beach wedding in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida and couldn't be more excited to be husband and wife!!

 

sadie snow1

 

The other love in my life is my dog, Sadie. She is a beagle and is the cutest thing ever! Definitely a mama's girl! We love to cuddle and go on walks. She is 2 1/2 and has brought so much joy and happiness to my life! I know, I sound like I'm talking about my kid! Haha :)

One last thing, I am a nurse and am currently in school to become a CRNA. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a nurse anesthetist, or the person who puts you to sleep in the operating room!! School is super tough and I have a long road ahead of me, but it will definitely be worth it!!

Thanks for visiting, please feel free to ask me any questions!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Niki! I stumbled upon your blog through Healthy Tipping Point. I'm enjoying reading it so far! Thanks for writing!

     
  2. Hey Niki!

    Thanks for saying hi! I love your love for running :)

     
  3. Hey girl! I just found your blog and love that I found another runner like me! I am a big fan of the half and was super excited to see that you're getting married on my b-day!!! Congrats no the engagement! Look forward to reading more :)

    ~Christie http://rollerkoesterrun.wordpress.com/