Wednesday Catch Up

Hello friends!! Happy hump day! I am so ready for the weekend to be here! This has been a LONG busy week! And my weekend looks to be even busier!! At least I get to start it a day early! Tomorrow at noon starts my weekend! Wohoo!!

Let’s talk about my runs the past couple of days…. On Sunday I had a wonderful 4 miler! My pace was just a bit faster than the week before, so I’ll take that! Plus, it’s feeling easier! I’m slowly getting my mileage back up there!! Monday was my 2nd run with the Women Run Memphis group! We had hills on the schedule. I love me some hills!! We warmed up with a mile then did 4 sprint hill repeats! It was awesome! I felt like I was flying up those hills! It was so fun because we got to chase the group in front of us! Running games are so fun, y’all should try them! We finished up with a mile or so cool down. I think we did a little over 3.5 miles total. I was so sore from the hills the next day though! Good thing it was a swimming day! I practiced swimming in my race day outfit to make sure it worked right. My race is on Saturday! Today I decided to sleep in and not run because I was still a bit sore from those hills (I told y’all I was flying up those hills! I’m paying for it now…) and I’m not looking to have trashed legs for my race this weekend! I am planning on doing an easy run tomorrow then taking Friday completely off.

I got my bike back from the shop yesterday. I got a new back tire, a new water bottle holder, and my handlebars wrapped with some extra padded handle bar wrap! It’s so nice! My hands are loving it!!

Tomorrow, I get to pick my race packet up and I’m really excited about it! I’ve never been this pumped to just pick up a race packet before! But I’ve never gotten a tri race pack before! What’s gonna be in it?! I can’t wait :)

Tomorrow also starts wedding weekend for my friend Jennifer! I am a bridesmaid and my BFF Jaime is too and she’s coming tomorrow to stay with me! Yay!! I can’t wait!! We have to get our nails done tomorrow evening, then bridal luncheon and rehearsal dinner on Friday, then wedding on Saturday! Yes, the wedding is the same day as my Tri! Told y’all I’m gonna be busy this weekend!! Do y’all have any fun weekend plans??

Well guys, I got a lot to catch up on tonight so I gotta jet! Have a wonderful evening!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you!! Packet pick up is exciting because it makes it more real!

     
  2. Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead! Good luck with your triathlon. I might be doing my first in a month or so!

    I'm going to NYC for a girls weekend this weekend, should be fun!

     
  3. Girl, I know you’re going to do awesome!! Wow, the race and wedding in the same day? You’re going to be pooped, haha!!! :)