Hey friends!! I am on a quick 30 minute study break so I have to make this fast!! Last night I made the best PB cookies EVER!! Seriously, the best!! I first got the recipe off of IGE but then heard some of my friends at school talking about the recipe also! Apparently, this lady used this PB cookie recipe to win some type of Pillsbury Cookie contest in 2008. Anyway, I think she was even on Oprah!! So here’s the recipe:
Double-Delight Peanut Butter CookiesPillsbury 2008 Bake-Off Contest Winning Recipe by Carolyn Gurtz
1/4 cup Fisher® Dry Roasted Peanuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well chilled
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
2. In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls.
3. Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
4. Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.
These are soooo good!! I ate 2 right out of the oven!!
On the running front… today I had an AWESOME 6 mile run!! It was one of those days when I really did not want to get out of bed. It’s freezing and cloudy outside. I just laid there and laid there until I finally made myself get up. The temp was 43 degrees with a pretty chilly wind, but halfway into my run I was sweating!! I love these cooler running temps! I did the same, super hilly, 6 mile route that I did last week. I really felt great this entire run! Like, I couldn’t believe I was feeling that good, especially on the last mile! I could tell I was running pretty fast (for me) for the entire run, and I was right!! Here’s my stats:
Avg pace: 9:43!! Yea!!
Mile 1: 10:16
Mile 2: 10:05
Mile 3: 9:51
Mile 4: 9:25
Mile 5: 9:30
Mile 6: 9:08
I am so happy with this run! It’s gonna put me in a great mood for the rest of the day!!
I also did Day 3 of the Whittle Your Middle Challenge! My abs are so sore! I am loving these exercises!! Tonight, I am going to Erin’s for some yoga and Google teaching sessions! I am clueless about all you can do with Google stuff!! Well, gotta get back to the books! Go make those cookies!!
Posted in: on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at at 12:14 PM