Counting Calories: Day 1

Hey there!! Happy Tuesday!! The whole being so dark in the morning thing is totally throwing me off! I want it to be light in the mornings!! Anyway, I had a really good day yesterday and got a lot accomplished! Mainly, I finished my presentation!! I have 2 weeks worth of presentations to do when I get back from Spring Break and I finished the first weeks, which was one of my goals for this week! I can finish the second presentation at a later time.

I started counting calories yesterday, in hopes of eating healthier and doing less snacking so I can get in really good shape for my wedding! Less than 3 months and counting!! Is it weird that I actually ENJOYED counting all my calories yesterday?? Maybe it’s a control thing, but it was fun! I’m sure if you ask me a few weeks from now it will be more annoying than fun, but for now I am really liking it!! So with that, here are the rest of my eats from yesterday:

Lunch:

001

I had:

  • 1 cup Organic Tomato Soup: 80 cals
  • 1 Sandwich Thin Garlic Cheese Toast: 160 cals
  • 1 Pear: 85 cals
  • 2 servings of Pretzel Cheddar Crackers: 140 cals

002

Yum, yum!! All I did for the Garlic Cheese Toast was spread 1/4 TBSP butter on each half of bread and topped it with Garlic Salt and 1/2 tsp Parmesan Cheese on each half. Toasted under the broiler to golden, crunchy perfection!! So good!!

003

And for lunch dessert:

  • 1.2 servings of Dark Chocolate Chips: 87 cals

Lunch Total: 552 cals

********************************************************************************************

I had running plans with my running buddy Erin for later in the afternoon so I decided to do some treadmill walking to catch up on some TV. I walked for 30 minutes, 2 miles.

Afternoon Snack:

I ate 1/2 of a White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Clif Bar, sorry no picture, I forgot!! I know I say it every time, but I LOVE this flavor Clif Bar!! So yummy!!!

Snack Total: 120 cals

***************************************************************************************************

Erin and I had a nice run yesterday. We did 2 miles together and I finished 1 more on my own for a total of 3. I really missed running with her and I’m so glad the weather is getting nice again so we can run together! Yay for running buddies!!

Do you like running with others or prefer running by yourself? Do you have a running buddy?

**************************************************************************************************

Dinner:

I was really craving some Quick Cornbread, but after adding up the nutrition info, I decided it needed to be a little “healthified”!! The only change I made was to swap out unsweetened applesauce for the oil. Brought down the fat and calories a whole lot and made my Corn Muffins even moister! I loved it! I’m pretty sure the fiancĂ© did too, because he ate them like normal! I don’t usually tell him when I make recipes more healthy, hehe, he’s picky and probably wouldn’t try anything!

004

So for dinner I had:

  • 2 Quick Cornbread Muffins: 230 cals (115 each)
  • 1 cup Roasted Red Potatoes: 100 cals
  • 10 Roasted Brussel Sprouts: 70 cals
  • 1 TBSP Organic Ketchup: 20 cals
  • 1/2 cup Low-fat Cottage Cheese: 90 cals
  • 3 Strawberries: 15 cals

005

I love the cottage cheese-strawberry combo!!

006

It’s amazing how many roasted veggies you can eat for a small amount of calories!! Love that!! I was definitely FULL after eating all this!!

Dinner Total: 525 cals

Dessert:

I had some Land O’ Lakes Raspberry Dark Hot Chocolate for dessert, along with my gummy multivitamins! I forgot to take a picture of the hot chocolate! Bad blogger! Hot chocolate is so satisfying as dessert! Fills me right up and keeps me warm!!

Dessert/Multivitamin Total: 155 cals

Daily total: 1666 cals

I was trying to aim for 1800 calories and am surprised I came in below!! I’ll take it!! I am pretty lacking on my protein intake, so I definitely need to work on that!!

**************************************************************************************************

Back to today!! This morning I was really feeling some Mocha Oats!!

007

Topped with 1 TBSP Coconut, 4 strawberries, and 1 TBSP Barney Butter (hiding under the oats)!

008

If you haven’t tried Mocha Oats yet, get on it! They are so yummy!!

Breakfast Total: 340 calories

I hope y’all don’t mind me putting up all the calorie info! I’m sure I will get bored with it eventually and stop doing it, but for now it is what it is!! I have a few things I need to do today, the big items are to get in a longer run and start addressing my wedding invitations!! What are you doing today??

4 comments:

  1. Nice job! Counting calories can be difficult. I try to shoot for 1500 is I am not working out - more if I am. And I try not to include a lot of fat or carbs in my meal. Great job!! Do you use Livestrong.com? I use it and it counts everything for me. very helpful! :)

     
  2. Jocelyn- No, I'm using They Daily Burn on my IPhone. Very similar to Livestrong though!

     
  3. Niki--

    Great job on the calorie counting! I've done that before..it IS hard! and of course, with Weight Watchers, you do a lot of that as well. I'm not currently doing that, but I should probably start! I think that would definitely help me determine where I need to be with my eating and exercise!

    I tried Pacific French Onion soup yesterday with a slice of reduced-fat provolone cheese. About 100 calories and 3-4 grams of fat for the whole combo. It was alright--nothing spectacular. Maybe that's because I'm used to my onion soup being cheesy and bready :) I do think if I'd had it at home as opposed to at work, I would have added grilled onions---it was nothing but broth!

    As far as the Gnu bars--I ordered some Monday offline. They have a variety pack with all 7 flavors, and it was $11 (no S&H). I'll let you know how they are! I think I may grab some Larabars this weekend at the store.

    I'm super excited about the training program this summer! Have you ever participated in that?

     
  4. Katie- Thanks girl!! Can't wait to hear how you like the Gnu Bars!! I haven't done the Women in Running Program but I do know a few people who did and loved it! Their 5k in September was actually my first 5k ever back in 2005! You will do great!