Running Clothes

It’s finally Friday!! Wohoo!! I’m glad it’s the weekend, even though I will be studying ALL WEEKEND! Big test on Monday.

I haven’t been able to do any running the past couple days. Yesterday I was literally at school from 8:30am-6pm and by the time I got home, I was starving and ready for dinner and bed!! I was planning on getting a run in this morning at 5am, but that didn’t really work out! My alarm went off and I immediately reset it because I still felt exhausted. And I just ran out of time this afternoon. I had to make studying my number 1 priority today. I know my schedule will be less hectic in a few weeks so I’m trying to give myself some slack on my lack of running. It’s hard though.

I did get some new running clothes today though!! My sneaky little puppy likes to chew up my running shorts and as of yesterday, I was down to one pair. I definitely needed some new shorts!! So I stopped into Dicks Sporting Goods on my way home from class. I got these Nike shorts:

006

And I also picked up another one of my favorite summer running tops. They just came out with new colors!

007

I literally will not wear any other type of shirt for running in the summer! I love this style so much!!

What are your favorite running shirts or shorts? I am always looking for new styles!! I am pretty partial to tight fitting/spandex shorts because I don’t like movement with my clothes at all, especially shorts. Chafing is not fun! And spandex shorts take care of that problem!! Plus I don’t like constantly having to pull down or having to rearrange my shorts and these type of shorts don’t move at all! Perfect!!

********************************************************************************

I have a few eats that I want to share with y’all! Yesterday morning I had the best bowl of Mocha Oats so far! They were AMAZING!!

001

In the mix:

  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup brewed Spring Blend coffee
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 1 tsp ground flax
  • dash of cinnamon and vanilla
  • 1/2 TBSP cocoa
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • Toppings: Raspberries, 1 TBSP NM PB, and 1 TBSP shredded coconut

This was the bomb!! I think the addition of skim milk to the mix really did it! Or maybe it was the Raspberries! Either way, this was a definite win!!

*********************************************************************************

Dinner tonight was also a winner!! I made my favorite Salmon recipe: Erin’s Brown Sugar Rubbed Salmon!!

005

The Salmon Filets with the rub on top, waiting to be cooked!!

008

My plate: Salmon, Sweet Potato, and Whole Grain Garlic Rice! Phenomenal!! Loved every bite!!

009

This is seriously the best way to make Salmon! And this whole dinner took literally less than 10 minutes to make with 1 pan to clean up! Love that!!

*************************************************************************

Well, I know I’ve talked a lot about ice cream recently, because I love it so much, but I’m having to ban myself from ice cream for awhile! I just have NO self control around it! It’s like once I start, 1 bowl just isn’t enough! And since that’s the case, I’m just gonna steer clear of it for awhile and just use it for occasional treats and not an every day treat!

What’s one food that you have no self control around?

Well friends, that’s it for now! Gonna enjoy the evening with my fiancé!! Have a great night!!

2 comments:

  1. I too have no self control around ice cream. I try not to buy a big gallon to have in the house because it is just impossible NOT TO EAT IT!! that is why i like to go out for ice cream or dessert and share with Mirza.

     
  2. I have no self control around cookies, especially chocolate chip!

    The brown sugar salmon recipe looks great. Thanks for sharing!