Easter Sunday

He Is Risen!!

Happy Easter to everyone!! I am so thankful for my Savior who died on the cross and rose again, to forgive me of all my sins!! Thank you Jesus!!

Did y’all have a fabulous day today? I sure did! I really enjoyed our church service this morning and then spent the rest of the day with my family. Doesn’t get much better than that!

My morning started out with a wonderful bowl of cereal:

002

In the mix:

  • 1/2 cup Quaker Oat Squares
  • 1 cup of Organic Cinnamon Crunch Cereal
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • And some BEAUTIFUL raspberries

It was a VERY good bowl of cereal! Actually kept me full until lunch! I think the key to eating cold cereal is mixing a couple different kinds and making sure you have some sort of fruit in it.

001

With my French Press coffee of course!

****************************************************************************

For lunch after church, we headed to Perkins for brunch. I forgot to take pics but I had a veggie omelet made with egg beaters, a side of fresh fruit, and 1/2 of a Bran Muffin. It  was delish!! I loved how Perkins has a nutrition calculator online so I was able to total up all the nutritional info before we went! That way, I knew what to order that was healthy!!

******************************************************************************

After doing some reading for school for a couple hours, it was snack time at my parents!

003

Mimosas!!

005

With some fresh raspberries dropped in :)

006

And some cheese and crackers and popcorn.

****************************************************************************

Dinner was a few hours later. I am now able to eat meat since Lent is over, but really wasn’t craving it at all! I just had one slice of turkey, that’s it!

007

On my plate:

  • Honey baked Turkey
  • 2 deviled eggs
  • Potato salad
  • Cucumber and Onion salad
  • Fresh fruit
  • Roll

It was a VERY YUMMY dinner!!

And what meal is complete without dessert?!?

008

Angel Food cake with home made Raspberry Sauce!!

009

It was divine!! Loved every bite of it!! I also snacked on way too much candy today! Back to my healthy eating tomorrow :) Everyone deserves to splurge a bit on the holidays, right?!

*******************************************************************************

I have a long week ahead of me, super busy with school. But I hope to resume normal blog posting!! Tomorrow I have my 1st wedding dress fitting with the alterations place, so I’m excited to do that! It’s been a while since I’ve tried my dress on!!

This morning, I had a really nice, early morning 3 mile run at a 9:30ish pace. I liked running just as the sun was coming up, it’s been awhile!!

Well guys, gotta get to bed! Hope you have a wonderful night and a great start to your week!!

What did you do for Easter?

4 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS use at least 3 different cereals. You are definitely right, it's the key to making it last and taste amazing! :)

    So glad you had a wonderful Easter hun!

     
  2. Yay--glad to see your eats up again :) That angel food cake looks delicious!

    Good tip about the cold cereal..maybe that's why mine never sticks with me too longer!!

     
  3. oh, and if you ask me..compared to most of us, you had a very healthy Easter!! I made up for mine by having 4 workouts yesterday and only eating some hard boiled eggs and fruit for dinner..but I'm impressed by all of your meals! :)

     
  4. I LOVE popcorn. Happy Easter!
    Katherine