Running Frustration

Happy Saturday to everyone!! I had a pretty good day considering most of it was consumed by studying. But when the weather is beautiful and you can study outside, it’s really not that bad!! Plus, I am trying to work on my sports bra tan line for my wedding! Haha :)

I did go for a run around 11:30 am and I was so pumped to go. It had been a few days since I had run and the weather was perfect! I was planning on doing 5 miles, but my run SUCKED! Big time :( It just felt hard. I even had to walk a few times and ended up cutting it short to 3 miles. All in all, my pace wasn’t too bad, 10:09 avg pace, but that fact that it felt so difficult is very frustrating to me. I know I haven’t been able to be as consistent with running as I would have liked, and my long runs have been non-existent, so I could only expect to lose some of my running fitness. But still, it makes me sad and mad! I wish I was one of those runners who can take like a month off and be able to come right back and run 8 miles, but I’m not. Time off, even a few very low mileage weeks, really throws off my running. So, instead of pouting and continuing to complain about this, I am going to work on being more consistent staring next week!! I’m not going to write out an “official” training plan since I’m not specifically training for anything, but I am planning on getting in 5 runs each week and at least 2 strength training sessions.My body and running just seems to do better when I get in 5 runs a week, so that’s why I chose that. Consistency is key for me. I know for the next couple of weeks, this may be tough because school is still in full force, but I’m just going to have to work it in. This probably means getting up super early to run/strength train, but I gotta do what I gotta do! No resetting the alarm clock! Ha! I can do it though and I WANT to do it! I miss running consistently. My body just feels “off” without it!

Have y’all ever had similar issues with losing running fitness when you have taken time off? Even a week or two? How many days a week do you run? 

I did get to try out my new running shirt and shorts today! I knew I would love the top already, since this is the 3rd one I’ve bought of the same style, and the shorts were also awesome! Can’t go wrong with spandex in my opinion!!

********************************************************************************

Let’s move on to yummy eats for today!! The only photo worthy ones were breakfast and dinner :)

Breakfast was a new Tropical Oats creation!!

001 

In the mix:

  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 tsp ground flaxseed
  • Dash of cinnamon and vanilla
  • Toppings: Mango, 1 TBSP NM PB, 1/2 TBSP coconut

This was a great combo!! Loved the “tropical” combo of mangoes, bananas, and coconut!! I had to use frozen bananas because I was out of fresh. And frozen bananas work perfectly in stove top oats!! I even thought they may have sweetened it a tad bit more than the fresh bananas! Try it out sometime!!

002

*****************************************************************************************

Dinner tonight was soup and sandwich.

003

I made a tuna melt on yummy sourdough bread I picked up from the grocery store bakery and had Roasted Red Pepper Soup and some cantaloupe with it.

004

For my tuna melt, I mixed together 1 packet of Chunk Light Tuna, 1 tsp Mayo, 1 tsp lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Spread that onto one slice of bread, top with some Swiss, and toast it up on the skillet! Yum!!

005

The Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup was so yummy also!! I believe the brand was Pacific.

And for dessert, the fiancé requested brownies!! I happily obliged with help from Betty Crocker :) I think brownies out of the box are fabulous!!

006

I love, love, love brownies!! Yummy!!

Ok guys, going to get back to watching How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days! Have a wonderful night!!

4 comments:

  1. tropical creation looks yummy!

     
  2. I know how you feel girl. I have totally been there. You know yourself well though. When I was in school I would wake up around 4:30 or 5:00 to get my workout in. It wasn't fun, but the alternative was worse. Consistency is key for me too. I know it's hard to fit it all in, but you can do it!

     
  3. Kristen- Thanks so much for the encouragement!! It really helps motivate me even more :)

     
  4. I completely feel you on the running frustrations. I have been having no luck with my training this year and I feel like I haven't had a long run in ages. I'm dying to get into again.