No More Meat!

Hey guys!! Thanks for all your opinions on hardwood colors! If you didn’t vote on which color I should get, go to this post and leave me a comment with your opinion! I haven’t made an official decision yet!!

I’ve had a headache all day :(   I seem to get them every Wednesday, which just so happens to correspond to my Patho/Phys class. I think that’s the definite cause. So anyway, I’m gonna try to hurry so I can relax on the couch!!

*****************************************************************************************

Overnight Oats was in order for breakfast this morning!! The night before, I mixed:

  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1/4 cup Vanilla Soymilk
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin
  • dash of cinnamon

001

 

002

And this morning, I topped it with:

  • Blueberries
  • Pumpkin Granola
  • Flax
  • Barney Butter

Wonderful combo! I love Overnight Oats!!

 

003

With some coffee!

*********************************************************************************************

An orange was my snack during class.

004

I’ve been having the BEST and SWEETEST oranges lately!!

************************************************************************************

I was so ready for lunch when I got home, I was absolutely STARVING!!

005

I had one of the leftover Sloppy Joes topped with some Guac on a Sandwich Thin, some cucs, and an apple and PB.

006

Such a great combo, I think I hit all the flavors!!

007

Loved the addition of Guac to my Sloppy Joe!!

008

And a piece of chocolate for dessert!!

****************************************************************************************

This afternoon, I finished my take home test, took Sadie for a 1 mile walk, and caught up on blogs. After I let my lunch digest for a few hours, it was time to workout. I was really feeling a Hardcore Bootcamp Workout! So I made one up and it was definitely a tough one! I hope I can walk tomorrow! Haha. Here it is:

Arms, Legs, and Abs Circuit #2

  • Run 1/2 mile 6.2
  • Military Press 2x15 8 lbs
  • Bicep Curls 2x20 8 lbs
  • Tricep Dips 2x20
  • Run 1/2 mile 6.8
  • Chest Press 2x15 12 lbs
  • Hammer Curls 2x20 8 lbs
  • Tricep Kickbacks 2x15 8 lbs
  • Run 1/2 mile 6.8
  • Push Ups 2x8
  • Back Flyes 2x15 8 lbs
  • Punches (all 3) 2x20 3 lbs
  • Run 1/2 mile 6.8
  • Walking Lunges 2x15 5 lbs
  • Air Squats 25
  • Donkey Kicks 15 each keg
  • Run 1/2 mile 6.8
  • Plié Squats 2x20 5 lbs
  • Jumping Lunges 2x10
  • Calf Raises on step 2x20 8 lbs
  • Run 1/2 mile 6.8
  • Curtsey Lunges 20 each leg
  • Wall Sit 45 secs
  • Side Lunges 15 each leg
  • Run 1/2 mile 6.8
  • Plank 60 secs
  • Yoga Crunch 2x20
  • Yoga Bicycle 20
  • Run 1/2 mile 6.8
  • Crunch w/Medicine Ball, legs straight 2x20
  • Side Plank with Twist 15 each side
  • Reverse Crunches 2x20
  • Run 1/2 mile 6.8
  • Ankle Grabs 2x20
  • Side Planks 45 secs each side
  • Diagonal Mountain Climbers 2x20
  • Run 1/2 mile 6.8
  • Total 95 mins, 5 miles

Man, this was such a great workout!! I will definitely be doing this again!!

*************************************************************************



After my workout, I was definitely not in the mood to cook dinner!! So cereal it was! And it was exactly what I wanted!!



009



Cereal with a sliced pear on the side. And lots of H20!



010



I had a mix of 1 cup Quaker Crack, 1/2 cup OH’s,  3/4 cup Vanilla Soymilk , and blueberries on top! Nom, nom, nom! I was starving!!



I think I will also be having some chocolate for dessert!!



********************************************************************************



I totally didn’t realize today was Ash Wednesday until this afternoon! I’m not Catholic, so I normally don’t partake in Lent, but I think I will this year. I like the meaning and significance of what Lent is for, so that’s why I am choosing to partake this year. So what am I giving up?? Any guesses??



 



MEAT!! I am giving up meat. Now obviously I had turkey today in my Sloppy Joes, but that was before I realized today was Ash Wednesday! So my Lent is starting this evening. I have been feeling a little weird about eating meat lately anyway, so this is a great chance to see how I do without it and how my body feels. I will keep y’all updated for sure!!



Are you giving up anything for Lent??

5 comments:

  1. SWEETS! I'm like you, I love sweets..so this is always a big challenge for me! My whole family does it because we have huge sweet tooths (sweet teeth?) Also..biting my nail. Such a bad habit! Good luck! My sister and her fiance always give up meat too.

     
  2. I like the way you eat :)

    Good lucks with giving up meat! I hope it makes you feel great!

    I'm not giving anything up... though I should give up processed sugars!

     
  3. That boot camp work out seem so hardcore! Great job :D
    Good luck going meatless. Make sure you get enough iron and protein!

     
  4. I was a vegetarian for 2 years... it wasn't hard at all. Boca and morningstar make great meatless products that are higher in protein than reg. chicken (but I am sure you know all this!) Oh and my 2 cents on the floor.. i like the darker version, Well, good luck with your lenting! :)

     
  5. Your the second person giving up meat....good luck. Eat lots of beans for protein!