1ST Day Tomorrow!!

Hello friends! It’s been a few days since I posted last, I’ve been a bit busy. I have some GREAT news! I passed my comprehensive drug test so I will be starting clinical tomorrow!! I am so happy/nervous/excited!! I got the email with my first case tomorrow which makes me even more nervous… it’s a robotic case! Should be a great learning experience and very interesting!!

Anyway… back to the stuff y’all really care about, workouts!! On Friday, I had an awesome swim workout. And the longest one I’ve done to date!! I decided that since my school’s pool (read:free) is about a 40 minute drive, then my swim workout must be at least 40 minutes long to make the drive worthwhile! I found some swim workouts online and I thought I would try them out! Here’s how it went:

Warm-up: 600 meters freestyle

Drills: 50 meter kick, 100 meter pull, 200 meter breast stroke (repeat twice)

Cool-down: 300 meters freestyle

Total: 1600 meters (1 mile!)

This is the farthest I’ve ever swam before and I felt great! I am still a bit sore in my arms but it was so worth it! I loved changing it up a bit and doing the different drills. Kick is so hard for me, which is why I only did 50 meters at a time!! Definitely something I need to work on! I also practiced doing flip turns, but they make me so dizzy! Does that mean I’m doing them wrong or is it just something you get used to? Anyway, it was a great swim workout and I am looking forward to my next one!!

And then on Saturday I ran an easy 3 miles. I was planning to do a long run today (more on that in a bit) so I thought an easy 3 miles would be good for my legs. I was so dehydrated from not drinking very much water the day before, that this run felt extra tough!! I ran at a 9:57 average pace but it felt a lot harder than that! So I learned how important it is to hydrate!!

Like I said above, I had planned on doing a 7 miler this morning before church. But as I thought about how this is my last day to sleep in (I have to get up at 4:30am for clinicals) I decided I would take advantage of it and sleep in and skip my run! Plus, my half marathon training plan starts tomorrow, so I thought I better let myself get a break before I dive into training hardcore!

So, my mileage wasn’t the best this week, but like I said training starts tomorrow so I’m fine with that!!

Well, I need to get back to learning about my first case tomorrow so wish me luck on my first day!!

And if you missed my last post, I am taking ideas for a new blog name and I need help! Get those creative juices flowing and let me know what you come up with!!

And last but not least… please donate to my St. Jude Heroes Fund!! I am not even halfway to my goal and every little bit counts!! A BIG thanks to my Nana and Lauren for donating!! Y’all are great!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, I knew you would pass!

     
  2. Yay! Tomorrow is my first day at my new job, so I'll cross my fingers for both of us. :) Congrats on getting to the next step!

     
  3. Congrats on the exam!!

     
  4. YAY, congrats on passing!!! So proud of you! :)