Awesome Morning 6 Miler

Y’all, I seriously had the best run this morning! It’s been a long time since I was able to run a longer run at a fast pace (for me!). I had a 6 miler on the training plan and I really wasn’t sure how it was going to go. I slept in and really had a hard time dragging myself out of bed! I was just so comfortable!! So around 8am, I headed out to conquer this run!!

The temperatures have been awesome here! It was in the low 50’s when I started out this morning. Another great thing about cooler temps: I get to sleep in and don’t have to wake up at the crack of dawn to run just to beat the heat! Love that! Anyway, back to the run… my first mile was a bit tough due to my plantar fasciitis. The first mile of ANY run always sucks because it’s painful. I hate PF and wish it would go away! But, I am happy that it really doesn’t bother me too much after the first mile.

I ran a hilly 6 mile route that I haven’t run in a long time. Probably since this time last year when I was training for a half marathon! It was nice to break away from my usual routes and get a change of scenery! Some lady did try to run me over coming out of the Sonic parking lot though. She was too busy stuffing her face with Sonic to make sure to look both directions before pulling out. Good thing I was paying attention! Geez people!

But other than almost getting run over, this run went really smoothly. Every mile I finished, my Garmin beeped with a sub-10 minute mile. And I just kept thinking, I’m going to pay for this later at the end of the run! But I never did! I just kept feeling better and better! I was really pushing myself from hill to hill and felt great!!

I think I was due for a great run because my past two 8 milers have been really tough and slow, which made me a little worried about my half marathon goal pace. But after today’s run, I feel much better :)

Stats:

6 miles in 59:04

Mile 1: 10:16

Mile 2: 9:56

Mile 3: 9:50

Mile 4: 9:51

Mile 5: 9:42

Mile 6: 9:27

Avg Pace: 9:51

I will take that!! I am super happy :)

After 4 days of running in a row, my legs are ready for a break. I have clinicals for the next 3 days so I won’t have time to run anyway, so my legs will get a nice break! Well, except the fact that I’m on my feel all day at clinical. But, at least a break from running :)

How have your runs been going this week? Are you training for something?

And don’t forget to enter my St. Jude Blog Raffle!! I’ve got some GREAT running gear to raffle off to raise money for my St. Jude Heroes Fund!! I know y’all want to enter, it ends Friday!

3 comments:

  1. i saw you running this morning! :)

     
  2. Didn't know you have PF - my mom thinks that's what I have!

     
  3. Hilly routes rule!!