Blog Advice!

Hello blog friends! Happy Thursday to ya! I have been doing a lot of thinking about my blog and have decided it’s time for a change!! The main reason I am thinking about changes is that I want my blog direction to be more focused on training, running, triathlons, and races (with some baking thrown in of course!)  I am such a beginner with all things technical and computer so I need your help and advice!

I am thinking of closing out NNA and starting up a whole new blog with a new name! That’s where y’all come in! I am so uncreative, so I need y’all to help me to think of a good blog name! Something fun and catchy that revolves around running and triathlons. I know y’all can help!! After I find my top 3, I will let y’all vote on the best! Fun right?!

I am not the biggest fan of BlogSpot and will definitely be changing my new blog to Wordpress. So my questions to y’all are… Should I self host or just use wordpress.com? Also, should I transfer everything from NNA to the new blog or just start from scratch? I’m open to either option. Does anyone have any recommendations on people to use to transfer blogs or that do really neat blog designs? I know, full of questions, but I am so clueless on all this stuff!!

**************************************************************************

Alright, enough of that! I had a totally sucky run this morning!! Like I said in my last post, my stomach has not been a happy camper these last few days and today is no different! But, I decided to suck it up and head out for my 5 miler anyway. My stomach was cramping from the very beginning and I just felt nauseous and gross. I made it 3 miles and called it a day. Oh well, you win some you lose some. My pace wasn’t that bad for how bad my stomach felt! 10:05 avg pace. So I’ll take it! I just hope it starts feeling better before my long run this weekend!!

Have a great day! And don’t forget to give me advice and help on my blog questions!!

3 comments:

  1. I switched to self-hosted wordpress almost a year ago. I found a tutorial on how to switch and did it all myself, although I would like to pay someone to make my site look a little better since I'm pretty clueless. :) I went through bluehost (I think it was the cheapest at the time), and I haven't had any problems.

     
  2. The Design Girl, Danielle, who designed my blog would be a great person to contact for a new look. She’s great and so wonderful to work with. http://thedesigngirlstudio.blogspot.com :)

     
  3. I'm thinking about self-hosting sooner or later, too. As for names... maybe it should involve something southern since you say ya'll so much!