3 & 8 milers

Hello! Happy Thursday to ya! Yay for it being that much closer to the weekend :) I just wanted to write a quick post about my last 2 workouts…

On Tuesday, I had 5 miles on the schedule. Well, I slept in late, (I had to wake up at 4:30am the day before so I was tired) making it necessary to run on the treadmill inside because it was already 90+ degrees outside. My treadmill run went AWFUL! I was totally not feeling it and kept getting these annoying side stitches. So after 3 miles, I called it quits. Hate runs like that!!

But this morning’s run was much better!! I decided to knock my long run for the week out today so I could possible run another 5k this weekend :)  8 miles was on the schedule this week again for my long run. I was just hoping it felt easier than it did on Sunday! And it did!! It still was tough at the end, but I ended up running the 8 miles 5 minutes faster than I did on Sunday! So I say that’s success!! I still wish it was faster and felt easier, but I’ll take it. I did the same super hilly 8 mile route as I did Sunday. Those hills are killer and my legs are super sore right now!! I have major tummy issues if I eat anything and run within like 3-4 hours, which makes it hard to fuel before early morning long runs. I decided to try out a GU before my run to see how that worked and carry a half Gatorade/ half water mixture during the run. The GU before seemed to work out!! Gave me some extra energy and my tummy felt fine the whole time!! I like the Gatorade/water mix a lot but I honestly think I like plain water better! I just felt like the Gatorade was not quenching my thirst! So I guess I’ll play around a bit more with my fueling options :) How do you fuel before and during your long runs?

That’s about it for now!! I am starting my St. Jude Raffle today to help me raise money for my St. Jude Heroes Fund and have some really good items to raffle off! So be looking for another post shortly!!

1 comments:

  1. I’ve never tried GU but my brother uses it all the time. I usually eat something simple before a long run – a banana with PB or some dry cereal. If the run is >10 miles, I bring a larabar. : )