Hill Repeats

Hello! Happy Saturday! Hope y’all are having a great weekend!! I went to bed super early last night because I was exhausted. Besides the fact that I have to get up at 4:30 am 3 times a week and go to clinicals for 12 hours, I am not sleeping well AT ALL the night before clinical. It’s just nerves, because it’s all still new, but I wish I would start sleeping better! Needless to say, I slept in until around 8am this morning, which is pretty late for me!! Luckily, the weather has cooled down a bit and wasn’t scorching for my run this morning. Plus, it was pretty cloudy for my entire run. It’s nice when there is no sun beating down on you!!

My St. Jude Half Marathon training plan said I was supposed to be doing mile repeats this morning. I hate mile repeats and was totally not feeling it, so I decided to do hill repeats instead! I have a nice, steep hill exactly 1 mile away from my house, which makes for the perfect spot to do hill repeats. The hill is exactly a 1/4 of a mile too. I started out with a faster than normal mile warm-up. I just felt like running a bit faster, so I did. Then I did 6 hill repeats, each with a cool down jog back down the hill. And I ended my run with another mile as a cool-down, for a total of 5 miles.

I enjoy doing hill repeats. I love really charging up that hill and pushing myself hard. I like to think of hill repeats as a type of speed work, because I am definitely pushing it hard and a lot faster than my normal pace. Plus, I run a lot of hills and do races that have hills, so it’s definitely an important aspect for me to incorporate in my training! Do you like hill repeats or speed work better?

***************************************************************************

I recorded a show called The Endurance Traveler on FSN that many of you would probably like to watch (I saw an ad for it in Triathlete Magazine). It was all about the Brazil Ironman today and it was awesome to see all those people racing an Ironman and all the planning and thought that goes into a race of that distance!

I’m trying to just kind of relax today and catch up on stuff. I rented the movie Letters to Juliet to watch tonight, (although I’m sure hubby won’t be too thrilled that I rented that movie) I think it looks cute!!

******************************************************************************

Have you entered my St. Jude Blog Raffle yet? I am raffling off some great stuff so please enter. It’s all to help me raise money for my St. Jude Heroes Fund!! There’s not very many entries yet so that means a good chance of winning!! And please spread the word!!

Have a great rest of your day!

1 comments:

  1. I think hills are definitely tougher, and I actually like them more than speedwork! Hope you are sleeping better soon.