An Unexpected Run

Hey guys! Hope ya’ll are having a good weekend!! Well, I feel like crap… I think my allergies have gotten the best of me :( Either that or a cold so I’m really hoping it’s just allergies!!

 

I was a little nervous to head out on my scheduled 4 miler today since I wasn’t feeling so hot but I thought I should give it a try, especially because it was so beautiful outside!! I told myself that I would just see how I felt and then go however far I wanted (keeping in mind I was scheduled for 4 miles). To my surprise, I felt GREAT! And especially speedy!! So I decided I could definitely pull off the 4 miles and I was even gonna go as far as to really push it and run FAST! Well, fast for me :) So, I ended up doing 4 miles in 37:10 with an average pace of 9:18 min/ mile!! Wahoo!! That’s the fastest 4 miler I’ve done since I’ve started my half marathon training! I am so happy with myself for even attempting to run while I’m sick, let alone run super fast! Yay!!

 

After the run, I ended up feeling a lot worse. My head is just pounding and all I want to do is go to bed! So that’s what I’m gonna do!! I have a 5 miler scheduled tomorrow so we’ll see. I feel 10X worse than I did this morning so I’m really not sure that running would even be a good idea at this point:(  Boo, but you never know, I could wake up feeling fine! That’s what I’m keeping my fingers crossed for!! Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better! And good job with the fast running :) Thanks for kind comment on my blog, I've been in a bit of a funk, but I'm trying to get out of it :) GET WeLL!

     
  2. Great run! Get well soon.

     
  3. Wow, great job on the fast running! I just found your blog- so cute!