An Off Day…

Gotta make this kinda quick, because I am flipping between The Bachelor and The Olympics and I don’t want to miss too much!!

My day today has been kinda off… Not really sure why, maybe just the yucky, snowy weather. I am so sick of all this snow! Ahh!! I’ve just been in a bad mood all day.

I started my morning early, at 5:15am, because I had class and a test this morning :(   I made some Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal and it just wasn’t as good as normal. Not sure if my taste was off this morning or what, but I only ate about 1/2 of this.

003

 

004

Like my Moose bowl?? I think it’s very fitting for winter :)

002

I also had my morning cup o’joe!

I brought an apple with me for snack during class.

005

It was a good, juicy, sweet one!

I also had some un-pictured candy and a sugar free banana muffin a classmate brought, since we didn’t get out of class until 12:30! By then I was starving!!

I went to my parent’s house right from class so we could go look at some flooring. Well, they were out of the shop AGAIN today, so I made an appointment to go back tomorrow to make sure someone is there!! I fixed myself a bean burrito as a mini meal at my parent’s. Sorry, I was too hangry to snap a photo before I demolished it!!

I got back to my house around 2pm and decided I needed to get a workout in. I wasn’t feeling a run since I have a long run tomorrow, so I walked for 45 minutes(3 miles) on the treadmill while watching Olympics and then did a 10 minute ab workout. It was a good one!!

After my workout, I started to get hungry. Since all I had for lunch was a burrito, I decided a bigger than normal snack was in order! But of course as usual, I was craving cereal!! I think my new favorite combo is cereal with Soymilk! It’s so yummy!!

007

 

008

And a Chai Tea Latte!!

006

Of course, a couple of these were consumed throughout the day!!

Dinner tonight was a new recipe I saw on Erin’s blog!! Sloppy Joes!! They were so yummy! And I’m glad it made a lot, because they will make good leftovers!!

Sloppy Joe's By Erin

  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1.5 lb. ground turkey (or beef or chicken, whatever you prefer)
  • 2 cups ketchup (I get the low sugar kind)
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 1 T brown sugar
  • 1/2 t cayenne pepper
  • 1 T red wine vinegar
  • 2 T tomato paste

Brown the meat and onion in a little EVOO.

009

Add everything else and let it heat for about 10 minutes.

010

 

011

Sloppy Joes on Sandwich Thins are the way to go!! We also had some steamed Broccoli.

012

These were so easy to make and the flavor was outstanding! Great find Erin!!

I will definitely be having a few “healthified” Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert!! Back to The Bachelor and The Olympics!! Can’t wait for some Bachelor drama and some Apollo!! Have a GREAT night!!

1 comments:

  1. Those 'Joes looks good...and I am not even a fan for sloppy joes. I love the moose mug btw :D
    Nice walk on the TM!