Oatmeal Perfection

Good morning!!

I think I have finally perfected my Banana Oatmeal base so I am going to share that with you this morning! It’s super simple and makes a delicious bowl of oatmeal. I am a stove top oatmeal girl myself, so that’s what my recipe is for.

What you will need:

  • 1/3 cup Old Fashioned Oats
  • 2/3 cup liquid (Water or milk, whatever variety you like)
  • 1 mashed banana
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • tsp or 2 of vanilla or almond extract

Directions:

  • Combine liquid(I use either 1/2 skim milk and 1/2 water or all almond milk), mashed banana, cinnamon, and vanilla or almond extract. Cook on high on stovetop until it boils.

001

  • Once boiling, reduce heat and add oats. Cook until desired consistency, about 2-3 minutes.

004

  • Pour into bowl and add toppings! Enjoy!

006

This is what it looks like before I add my toppings.

007

And after!! Yum! This morning I added blueberries, some Kashi Go Lean Crunch, and PB. PB is a MUST for me, but I try to mix up the rest of the toppings every now and then!! Try this out, you will be amazed at how yummy it is! It may even convert some of you microwave oat loving people to stove top oat loving people! For me, there is a HUGE difference!!

005

I also had my morning cup o’ joe!

**********************************************************************************************

I’m doing my long run this afternoon, so wish me luck! I am really considering buying an audiobook for this run! I think it will be fun!! Any good book suggestions??

Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great run girl! I can't wait to hear about your auto book! I would get maybe a good running book or just something fun like a chick-flick type of book

     
  2. We eat a LOT of oatmeal in my house, particularly on cold winter mornings. I'm always looking for a way to "mix it up" a little bit, so thanks for the idea!

    Stopped by from another blog we mutually follow... so glad I did!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom